Piel Island Walk on Saturday 30th July - important info! 29-Jul-2016
A quick reminder for everyone who is taking part in our Walk to Piel tomorrow on Saturday 30th July 2016.
The plan is to:
Meet at King Alfred-share transport if possible 11:30-11:45am...
Meet at Snab Point on Walney at 12pm to register.
Walk will commence at 12.30/12.40ish.
Get to Piel at about 1.30pm and spend approx. 2 hours there.
Walk back about 3.30pm to finish at 5pm.
Have a great time and thank you for supporting our walk and St Mary's Hospice! Please share your photos.
Here's the brochure for our walkers on the day: Piel Island Brochure
Also very importantly advice for all our walkers for our Walk to Piel - stay safe and have fun! Piel Walk Safety tips please share!
Please register when you arrive
• Please respect the area and be aware of the potential risks.
• Follow all instructions and please stay with the group...
• Be very careful at the start of the walk and take your time as it can be very slippery. Use a stick for added safety- if necessary. (limited
supply of walking sticks will be available for purchase)
• Wear appropriate footwear e.g. Wellingtons or Walking boots.Trainers are ok but will get wet and muddy and aren’t brilliant on slippery surfaces.
• If you are experiencing any problems please ask for assistance (anyone in a yellow jacket or anyone from the inshore rescue team.)
• Toilets and refreshments are available on Piel (we believe there is a Hog Roast on offer!!!)
• Dogs can run freely on the sands (at owners risk) but need to be on leads on the Islands.
• You will be given a verbal briefing and an air horn will sound when it is time to leave.
• Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
• Have fun and enjoy.