Ways to support us
Terms & conditions
The following are the terms and conditions of the St Mary's Hospice weekly Lottery.
These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of St Mary’s Hospice. All profits from the lottery go towards funding the Hospice Services, which
helps to support people with life-limiting conditions and their families at no cost. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery
is defined as a 'Society Lottery.'
This lottery is licensed by a licence issued by the Gambling Commission under part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005.
- To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over. The lottery has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential
members have reached the age of 16. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery.
- There will be 13 weekly cash prize winners and an additional rollover prize that could be won. Additional cash prizes could be offered from
time to time.
- New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number created by approved secure computer software, and a personal membership number.
- All tickets shall be priced at £1 and subscriptions are payable in advance. St Mary’s holds customers funds in separate accounts to the general
business accounts and funds would be protected in the event of insolvency of the charity.
- A regular payment facility can be set up, but written authority is required. Your authority will be retained for 3 years following the final
payment whenever that may occur.
- The draw will take place weekly on a Friday.
- All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to
enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made at our lottery management company’s premises. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only. Prize winners are sent a notification by post within
one week of the draw taking place. St Mary’s Hospice reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of
the non cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at their absolute discretion.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only
tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
- Weekly winning numbers are published in our shops, on our website and at Sterling Lotteries.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing St Mary’s Hospice with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and they will be in
no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that
the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising St Mary’s
Hospice of the change.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and St Mary’s Hospice reserves the right to use the name and
address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request
an alternative game number if they wish at any time and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing
- Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying St Mary’s Hospice in writing, by phone or via e-mail. Although those received
after 5pm on a Thursday will not be actioned until after the weekly draw.
Where members cancel in credit, we will, refund any credit on request. St Mary’s Hospice shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage
suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by St Mary’s Hospice or the member from time to time.
any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Sterling Management for the administration of the lottery.
- any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Sterling Management, St Mary’s Hospice or the member.
- any refusal by St Mary’s Hospice to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member.
- any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
- any event beyond the reasonable control of St Mary’s Hospice
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and St Mary’s
- Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to St Mary’s Hospice giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
- St Mary’s Hospice is committed to protecting the members privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with
the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw,
and informing winners that they have won a prize.
- Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact St Mary’s Hospice in writing.
- St Mary’s Hospice will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission. In the event
of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of St Mary’s Hospice shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered
- St Mary’s Hospice reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If St Mary’s Hospice does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- St Mary’s Hospice reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these
- The Staff member responsible for the promotion of the lottery is Val Stangoe.
- Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
- This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling
Act 2005, from the lottery may be submitted in writing. Customers who wish to rejoin the lottery will not be able to do so for a period
of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
- A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to St Mary’s Hospice at the address above.
- St Mary’s Hospice Lottery is a member of the Hospice Lottery Association, which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards
the Responsible Gambling Trust.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints policy. A copy of which is available on enquiry.
The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and St Mary’s Hospice and all
entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- St Mary’s Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
St Mary’s Hospice – Registered Charity No. 517738
Licensed by the Gambling Commission: