Take part in an enjoyable and therapeutic chair based exercise programme with a Level 2 Instructor from the Living Well Team at St Mary’s Hospice.
Keeping active can help to reduce symptoms of your condition or treatment. Regular gentle movement and relaxation can also help to improve mood and quality of life, and help you feel more in control.
This 6 week programme can support you by:
• strengthening your body and giving you energy
• controlling your blood circulation and blood pressure
• reducing symptoms like pain, fatigue, constipation and shortness of breath
• helping you to relax and sleep better
• improving your mood and overall sense of wellbeing
• reducing anxiety, stress and depression
• improving your concentration and making you more alert
Being active can have long-term benefits if it is done regularly. We will teach you how to adapt the amount and type of exercise you do to suit your ability and energy levels so that you can continue these at home.
This programme will take place on:
Monday 7th October starting at 1:30 p.m.
Monday 14th October at 1:30 p.m.
Monday 21st October at 1:30 p.m.
Monday 28th October at 1:30 p.m.
Monday 4th November at 1:30 p.m.
Monday 11th November at 1:30 p.m.
For further details please contact Carol Coskin, on 01229 580305
For more information on our Living Well services click here