What will I be doing?
- Working independently on behalf of St Mary’s Community Neighbours in St Mary’s catchment area
- Offering companionship
- Arranging your own volunteering times with the families
- Undertaking everyday practical tasks in and around the home for example, light household jobs, picking up prescriptions, walking the dog, mowing the lawn or putting the bins out
- Working within Hospice Guidelines, policies and standards including confidentiality and Health and Safety
- Taking responsibility for own safety and adhering to lone working safety standards
- Maintaining paperwork relating to visits as required
- Participate in training as require
The role will vary to meet the needs of each individual/family or you may wish to carry out a specific role for more than one family.
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Be flexible, friendly, willing to be part of a team and enjoy helping people in your local community
- Enjoy being with people and able to chat happily
- Willing to help with household tasks
- Work independently
- Keep a written record of work undertaken
- Trustworthy, reliable, dependable and resilient
- 18 yrs or over and be prepared to be DBS checked
- Time: Couple of hours - flexible to suit
- Location: Visiting people’s homes
- Frequency: Weekly