What will I be doing?
- Taking meal trays to patients at their bedside.
- Assist with serving of meal (if required by the catering/nursing team).
- Collect all meal trays, crockery and cutlery from ward.
- Take back to main hospice kitchen.
- Assist kitchen to wash crockery and cutlery. Put away crockery and cutlery.
- Leave IPU kitchen neat and tidy.
What skills & Qualities will I need?
- Good communication skills
- Able to demonstrate empathy and compassion. Sensitivity to environment in which you will be working.
- Willingness to follow procedures especially around Food Hygiene and Infection Control.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- An interest in healthcare and the services that St Mary’s Hospice provides.
- Time: 1-2 hour shift lunchtimes or evenings
- Location: Ulverston at the Hospice
- Frequency: Once a week