What will I be doing?
- Collecting patients from their homes punctually in order to arrive at the hospice for the planned session, returning to the hospice to collect patients and return them home
- Assisting patients with getting into and out of the vehicle and with transferring from the vehicle to the Hospice or patient’s home, in line with safe practice and Hospice procedure
- Chatting to patients as required and be a friendly, caring listener and communicator, always respecting confidentiality
- Ensuring patient’s comfort while in the car and throughout the journey
- Complying with St Mary’s Hospice policies and procedures for volunteers.
What skills & qualities will I need?
- A friendly sociable personality
- Good with people showing care for their well-being
- Calm when faced with different unfamiliar situations
- A confident competent driver
- Willing to be part of a team and enjoy working with people.