What will I be doing?
- Supporting the Ecommerce supervisor in her role
- Package items sold through E bay ready to send to customers
- Identify and research items e.g. collectibles, antiques, with potential to sell online.
- Sort and clean stock ready for listing
- Keep the stockroom clean and tidy
- Ensure the health and safety of others by following procedures and identifying hazards.
- Participate in security checks, including the bag checking programme, and fully adhere to all aspects of loss and prevention policies and guidelines.
- Undertake and complete all training required for the role
- Participate in 1:1’s with your manager
- Handle customer details in line with data protection guidelines
- Attend and share your thoughts and ideas at volunteer meetings
- Represent and be an ambassador for the Hospice
Additional duties (dependent on level of IT skills)
- Photographing items
- Listing items for sale
- Answering customer queries online or via the telephone
(These additional duties may be added following consultation between the ecommerce coordinator, volunteer and the Retail Manager)
What skills & Qualities will I need?
- Enthusiastic and cheerful with a positive attitude
- Trustworthy and honest
- Good basic numeracy and literacy
- Reliable, flexible and dependable
- A good communicator
- Time: Flexible to fit in with shop hours
- Location: Barrow Shop
- Frequency: weekly