A shift a week sorting and selling donated goods. Warehouse – collecting and delivering goods
What will I be doing?
- Help to make the shop/warehouse a friendly and welcoming place through great customer service.
- Sorting, pricing, steaming of clothes and display of donated goods (some heavy lifting may be required) for sale on the shop floor
- Use the EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) till including, start and end of day, sales, voids, staff discount and petty cash. Training and support will be given
- General cleaning duties (hovering, dusting, washing donated bric-a-brac)
- Handling cash
- Ensure the shop is tidy and vacuum/clean if necessary
- If applicable, driving the warehouse van, collecting and delivering stock to customer’s houses (a DBS check may be required), supporting the warehouse drivers with collections and deliveries.
What skills & Qualities will I need?
- Good customer service skills
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- Enjoy working with the general public.
- Good communications skills are essential and a good sense of humour always helps
- Time: 3 hour shift
- Location: The shop of your choice
- Frequency: Once a week