Hospice care is not just about care at the end of life. We can help to make a difference for people living with a progressive long term condition, including lung, heart and neurological conditions and cancer.
You can refer into the following services:
- In-Patient Unit for symptom management, end of life care or respite care
- Hospice at Home for end of life care in the patient’s home, or in a nursing or care home, and for day respite and night sitter support.
- Family and Bereavement Support for people facing/preparing for loss and for those who are bereaved
- Living Well Therapies which support people who are living with a progressive long-term condition
- Individual Complementary Therapies delivered in the clinic or home setting
Informal or self referrals and/or conversations are always welcomed.
Referrals are accepted from a range of health professionals including hospital doctors and nurses, GPs, community nurses, specialist nurses, nursing and care homes, case managers and social workers.
Clients can self-refer to hospice services. With the person’s consent, a carer or family member can also refer. If a referral is received from a client, their carer or family member, we will make contact and then, with consent, we will contact their GP and any other health professionals to obtain relevant information about their care and treatment.
How to Refer:
It is easiest to make referrals by using the Strata system which is available in most Community and Hospital systems.
We also take referrals from other third sector organisations through COMPASS
We also have a referral form here.
Follow the link for more information on our Inpatient Unit referral criteria.
It can be really useful to have an informal conversation about a referral in advance of sending it.
Talk to us by phoning 01229 580305 and ask for the relevant team …
Don’t be concerned if you are not sure which hospice service would be best for the person you are referring. In our initial assessment we will work with the patient and family to identify what they need from us.